Saturday, August 14, 2010

Every consumer should read this!

As an honest business owner, who ensures that our practice is legitimate it upsets me to hear about yet another locksmith company that is scamming consumers. When I hear that a locksmith company in Pasadana not only charged their customers excess fees but they refused to provide estimates for work ordered. This is not only terrible practice but frightening that a consumer would take work without an estimates. For our company, estimates are free, we will provide them over the phone or in person with no charge (and that's the way it should be for every locksmith company). First and foremost, as locksmiths if we don't know what the work require we don't know if we have the proper tools required for the job. I can't imagine going to a locksmith job and not previewing the property to make sure that I can provide what is needed for the consumer. This also provides me with the opportunity to educate the customer on their current security and ways to improve it. I think some locksmith companies don't consider themselves security experts but we are. We know the in's and out's of the most basic security system an individual can have... their locks and doors. When I'm working with a customer I'm not just providing a service, I'm providing security. It's important that all locksmith companies assess a customer's current security and provide them with ways to improve and in some cases save money. For instance, I once went to a job where a business thought they needed all new locks on every door, they had 20 doors. Sure, I could have provided new locks on the door but that would have cost them a ton of money, so I suggest they just get the current lock rekeyed which is much more cost effective for the consumer. Whether we are doing work for a corporation or a single lock on a resident, an estimate will provide the consumer with a detailed description of the service provided, possible security holes, and cost of that service. Please, CONSUMERS make sure that you are always getting an estimate before service is provided. If the locksmith needs to alter the pricing during a job, then a new estimate should be provided at that time. Protect yourself and your investment!

Make it a safe and secure day!

http://ping.fm/MweaZ

http://ping.fm/nf0KT

No comments:

Post a Comment