Monday, May 24, 2010

Real Estate and Lock Box Codes

Whether you are ready to sell your home or beginning the foreclosure process you have a real estate professional working for you. In my line of work, I work with real estate professionals on a daily basis. In every home that I re-key for the bank (REO/FAS accts) or a Realtor, they have requested me to put a lockbox on the front door. The lockbox is a coded box with a key inside. This helps real estate professionals enter the home without the use of multiple keys, I provide them with the code. The code opens a box on the knob and the key inside.

But have you ever thought of who has that code? Who has access to your home? If you think it's just the Realtor working for you, think again! Your Realtor gives that code out to other realtors, so they can show your home. It's the Realtor's job to get your home shown so it can sell so they have to give out that code to other Realtor's so they can show your house.

The only issue would be does your Realtor know who they give the good too. Make sure your realtor is getting information before giving out that code, they should be asking who the person is, what realtor company they work for, and most importantly their license number.

So how can you tell if your Realtor is working to protect your investment? Call them, say Hi "This is ABC, I'm going to show the house at ABC Lane and I need the lockbox code". See what they say, is your code given out or does your Realtor ask for more information? Let's hope they ask to verify your credentials! After all, I put that lockbox on your home to keep your property safe and I don't want to see anything happen to it!

MAKE IT A SAFE AND SECURE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment